Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Looking For Good Chinese Food - The Beginning

First about me: 28 years old professional searching for quality Chinese food in the Boston area.

I have created this blog in the hope that I can get a feel for how Boston and surrounding area residents feel about their Chinese restaurant options. I grew up in New Jersey and spent many a weekend in NYC and the Jersey area eating fantastic Chinese cuisine. It seems as though the restaurant options (take out/delivery/dine in) in Boston do not offer what I consider edible Chinese cuisine. People might say Chinatown offers a great number of restaurants with great food, but I completely disagree. Additionally, if your looking for Chinese food and you don't live downtown, going to Chinatown is not a convenient option. The city of Boston lacks a mid-level price range dine-in restaurant (dishes ranging from $7 - $12) and it is absolutely missing a quality take-out restaurant. My hope is this blog will encourage fellow diners to comment on what they are looking for in a quality Chinese restaurant, and if they have any suggestions of places I might visit.

I will update this post as necessary, from time to time I will visit Chinese restaurants in the Boston area or order take-out, which I then plan to write a small review of the food. If you disagree with any of my comments of the reviewed restaurants, please post them to this blog.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger middleman said...

Saw your post on Boston Chowhound.
Your opinion has no substance. Why not tell us where you have already been, and what you liked and disliked with the places you have already visited, and how they compare to the awesome experiences you have had in Jersey and NYC. I'm not going to suggest a place that you may already have visited and didn't like.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger middleman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger JacquelineC said...

Have you tried Hei La Moon? I've never had a bad meal there and have taken residents of Hong Kong, Vancouver, relatives from all over the world - Chinese, white...all love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home